Sunday, April 3, 2011

original pancake house

So this review is long overdue... From Sunday March 20th. And it's a review of an old standby of ours. The Original Pancake House. We frequented the Original Pancake House when we lived in California and we now frequent it here in Minnesota. On this particular Saturday, Hadley and I went out on our own, so it was a lovely experience.

APPEARANCE: Homey and clean. I've never had a gripe about this place. I feel like I can always go there and count on it.

CUSTOMER SERVICE:  Generally friendly and welcoming. Again, I've never had a complaint.

FOOD: HUGE portions and certainly worth sharing, especially with people with little tummies. I ordered the diced ham and egg scramble and it probably could have fed our whole family. Food always seems fresh.

KID FRIENDLY: While some locations do not offer a kid menu, the portions are so large I would recommend sharing. They have nice clean high chairs, and coloring sheets to entertain.

PRICE: I'd say it's mid-range... Not the cheapest place I've ever dined, but not the most expensive.

VISIT OR STAY AWAY: Absolutely visit! And make it a regular place.

There are many Original Pancake Houses nationwide. We dined at the Wayzata location.

No comments:

Post a Comment