Tuesday, April 19, 2011

sunsets of wayzata

This past Sunday the girls, Jonathan and I ventured a short jaunt over to Downtown Wayzata for brunch and decided to go to the locally famous Sunsets. They feature a brunch buffet that is massive! And tons to choose from.

APPEARANCE: Classic. Cloth napkins. Cozy. Fine dining. View of beautiful Lake Minnetonka. Yet, something old feeling about it.

CUSTOMER SERVICE: Generally good. The hostess was stumped when we came in as we didn't have a reservation and it took her several minutes (ok, maybe four or so) to figure out where to seat us, which that is an eternity when you are holding a baby and have a hungry, anxious toddler to contend with. They sat people who walked in behind us, which makes matters a little more frustrating. BUT, we did end up with a table by the lake, but were told we had to be out of there in an hour.

FOOD: Pretty good! LOTS of choices to please everyone and even a prepare to order station. The offered breakfast and lunch options, so we ate well. The coffee was lacking and for as fine of an establishment as this seemed, I was surprised to be served the shelf-stable creamer cups instead of real cream (I have a thing about these).

KID FRIENDLY: They had high chairs and kid cups, but no coloring/entertainment gimicky things. If I were there on my own, I would have had to leave as I could not have managed a buffet on my own, and there were no menu options at that time.

PRICE: The cost for the adult buffets were $15.95, but we were not charged for the kids. A little pricey and I never seem to do a buffet justice.

VISIT OR STAY AWAY: Visit, but I certainly enjoyed the regular dining experience there in the past rather than the buffet. And maybe without the kids.

Sunsets of Wayzata is located at 700 East Lake, Wayzata MN

No comments:

Post a Comment