Saturday, May 28, 2011

baker's square

So, OK, I know this is a chain that is been around FOREVER! I remember going here as a kid and probably haven't been to one since then. But we have one here in Minnesota, so the little ladies and I headed there so I could walk down memory lane. And I was pleasantly surprised...

APPEARANCE: It's an updated Baker's Square, Coco's, Perkins look. Booths, some tables, bakery, cashier etc. But they had a touch of shabby chic here and there. Very clean, lots of seating.

CUSTOMER SERVICE: We were immediately sat and greeted by a food server, who was super great with the kids. I asked her to bring out a muffin STAT because we were bordering on a meltdown, and she had it at our table before she could even get drinks.

FOOD: About what I remember. Just classic American stuff. The blueberry muffin my children devoured in 30 seconds flat was warm and YUMMY! I ordered the Egg White and Veggie Scramble, which was delish (but the potatoes were a little hard). I didn't order a coffee, but did get a Diet Coke (shame on me) that came in this really great, big, full glass, which I loved. I ordered the girlies a children's breakfast which they put away pretty quick (I think they are growing).

KID FRIENDLY: YES YES YES! That was the best part! The food didn't put me over the moon, but I will go there because it was easy with the kids. They have kid cups. Crayons and coloring menus. And our server seemed to understand what it is to dine with kids. We did have to pay the cashier, which was a bit of a juggle with two little ones (much easier if they take it at the table), but I was able to use my debit card and the machine asked me what percentage of a tip I wanted to leave and did the calculation for me, which made it easier.

PRICE: It's no MacDonald's with price, but certainly not expensive. We ordered a kids meal (about $3.50), two drinks and my meal and spent $14.

VISIT OR STAY AWAY: I think it's a good staple. I wouldn't make a special trip there, but if you have one in your neighborhood, go!

Baker's Square is located across the country. We visited the Eden Prairie location at 928 Prairie Center Drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment