Sunday, May 29, 2011

santorini

This post is SUPER delayed because we dined at Santorini a month or so a go. But it's worth a review.

Santorini is a local establishment in Eden Prairie. I haven't had lunch or dinner there, yet (I totally intend on it), but we paid a visit on a Sunday for what we thought would be lunch and were faced with a HUGE and I mean HUGE brunch buffet.

APPEARANCE: Very nice! They had a nice bar area, as well as nice dining areas. Certainly not the establishment that you might go to everyday, especially with kids. Linen table cloths and napkins. The servers are in button downs. Very upscale, Greek decor.

CUSTOMER SERVICE: When we arrived it was VERY busy and we did not have a reservation. But they made a good effort to seat us fairly quickly. Unfortunately, our young server didn't offer much service. We had to ask how the whole buffet situation worked... In his description he said it included coffee, but never offered us coffee. And he didn't really revisit our table after bringing the water and greeting us, except to drop a check. Perhaps a different experience in a regular dining situation.

FOOD: Massive buffet! They had everything, from egg items, to greek dishes, to a salad and fruit bar, to an ice cream sundae bar, to a chocolate fountain. Really, something for everyone. And it was pretty good, as far as buffet food went. I'll admit, I think made to order is much better, but this was certainly good. I can't say my kids did very well eating, which is strange for them. But at least we weren't charged for them and they enjoyed the fruit.

KID FRIENDLY: They had high chairs, and kid cups. But otherwise, I don't see me taking the girls there for a casual lunch or dinner. They are just too little for such a nice place on a regular basis. Plus it was a buffet and if I was alone I wouldn't have been able to manage it.

PRICE: Expensive! Our bill for two buffet's and an apple juice was near $50. I don't know what their regular menu looks like, but the buffet was certainly expensive (and honestly, I expected it).

VISIT OR STAY AWAY: Absolutely visit! Personally, I may stay away from the brunch (but I tend to stay away from buffets), but I think it's worth dining otherwise.

Santorini is located at 13000 Technology Drive in Eden Prairie.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my personal favs too! My hubby and I used to live in Minnetonka (in the early days of our marriage) and it was one of our favorite places to hit. I remember him bringing me there three days before our first daughter was born. GREAT food and although they are really busy they seem fairly family owned and homey. Enjoy additional visits on our behalf. We now live 4.5 hours away and miss good eats like Santorini.

    ReplyDelete