Sunday, March 13, 2011

good day cafe

This week's Sunday breakfast was at Good Day Cafe in Golden Valley, MN, just off 394 before Downtown Minneapolis. It was ranked #2 on Yelp for locations near where we live and I can certainly see why!

APPEARANCE: Felt like a big country kitchen. Vinyl table cloths. Lots of booths and tables. Fun wall decor. Just overall cozy and inviting. If I didn't have two restless kids with me I could have sat for a long time.

CUSTOMER SERVICE: Fantastic! When we arrived, I was sure we'd be waiting for a table, but we were sat immediately. Then promptly greeted by our friendly server with glasses of water (she even put the kids in plastic cups with lids). If we had to leave quickly, we certainly could've done that as they were prompt.

FOOD: We ordered the Crab Benny, a French Benet and a side of scrambled eggs (for the kids). But I have to mention, the coffee was lacking :(. But the food made up for it.


The Crab Benny was amazing and rich. The crab was real and the poached eggs were cooked to perfection. The dish came with a side of GDC potatoes that were delish, too. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!


The French Benet was amazing too! The perfect size to share with the kids to give them a taste, but not tank them up on sweet.

KID FRIENDLY: Absolutely! Thought they didn't have a kids menu, they had lots of affordable sides to make do and the food server was quick to anticipate the needs of kids. They have high chairs (albeit another broken one) and bendy straws, and if you recall from my last post these are key! Plus, they gave us several pieces of blank paper and a big mason jar full of crayons. I didn't even need to pull out my bag of goodies.

PRICE: Not the cheapest place, but not the most expensive either. The Crab Benny was $12.95, the side of eggs was $2.95 and the French Benet was $1.95. With beverages, our bill was $24.

VISIT OR STAY AWAY: Hands down, VISIT! This place was awesome and I can not wait to go back. They also have a "Bad Day Bar" that is open later in the evening (which I would love to pay a visit sometime when I'm kid free).

Good Day Cafe is located at 5410 Wayzata Blvd., Golden Valley, MN.

1 comment:

  1. I'll join you at either!! I think I need a "Bad Day Bar" after being stuck at home for over a week :)

    ReplyDelete